Pages

Confessions of a college student

I guess I survived my first week in college without dying. It has been pretty busy. I have like no social life. Unless you count talking with people in class, my roommates, and going to the gym with Alida. That's pretty much it. Why? Homework has pretty much taken over my life. I finish one assignment, but nooooooo there's more to do! I have no idea how some people do it. There's a party tomorrow night, I guess I'll go.
At first I wasn't feeling that homesick when the week started. I didn't even cry (that much) when my mom left me here in Mormonland. Now that I'm doing all this homework, I think about those times that I would pass the time with my brother talking and not really doing any homework. He'd ask me to help him with something, I'd respond with a reaction of cluelessness about what he was talking about then we'd fight and by the end of the day we'd be best friends again. I miss him oh so much. I miss our late night conversations and made up stories about our pets. I miss his sense of humor most of all. And his voice. I miss everything about him. Basically I miss home.

Why am I getting so emotional now? I can actually feel the tears forming. I was fine before, why the homesickness all of a sudden? ehhhhhh.

I thought about it yesterday. I'll be back home in December, but I'll want to be here. The homesickness will never end will it? Most of my friends here are fall/winter track and I really can't bear the idea of not being here with them winter semester. I just hope everything falls into place and I stop feeling so depressed. Not depressed, but mixed up emotions I guess you can call it. Prayer is basically the only thing that can lift my spirits. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to speak to the Lord. Where ever I go, he follows me, always willing to hear me out, not matter how silly or pointless what I tell him maybe. <3

I should get back to this whole homework thing.

BYU-I is amazing though! (minus all the depressing stuff I mentioned above.)

1 comment:

  1. Jess, your music on your blog annoys me.
    and I know its only the first week of school. But, i can't help but wonder what I'll do whenever everyone is gone for my winter semester! Because stephanies fall/spring too. And, that'll be weird. We've never really been apart!

    ReplyDelete