Pages

Pictures, an ugly sweater, unemployment, and mission calls




I really do love those sock buns. Still trying to master the art of doing them and perfecting them like my sister does. In the meantime it's "STEPH, CAN YOU DO A SOCK BUN ON ME?"
There's this sweater that I'm wearing right now (not that sweater in the sock bun picture, although that sweater was puke looking, but whatever) and it is so unbelievably comfy, like wow. But it's really hideous looking.
It has been a while since I've written here. There have been times where I'm like "I want to write something today!...and it's gone" and other times where I've just wanted to be browsing through Pinterest all day. But no more, back to writing!

Fall 2012 came and went. Friend issues, other issues-- all sorts of issues came up, but it's over now and I can really say now that everything that happened fall that caused me to shed tears over and be angry/jealous about is over because with the start of me entering my twenties, it feels like turning over a new leaf and entering for real a totally new and fresh stage in my life. That sounds corny, but it's true. I feel that once I wake up on the 27th, it marks the start of a totally new me. I'm no longer going to be seen as some teenager, but truly as an adult. Now if I could only start to look 20 instead of a 16 year old like many tell me. I guess that the "young" concept will be great when I'm in my 30s, hahaha.

Before school ended I contacted the lady I worked for last winter, but according to her there are no positions available and so I am currently unemployed. I can't spend all winter not doing anything, I'll die! I did sign up for that pathway speaking partner program, but that's only twice a week and it's volunteer work. I guess in the meantime I really dedicate myself to my workout sessions. Feeling kinda crummy when it comes to giving it my all during my workouts since thanksgiving. Gotta step it up a little bit!

My brother got his mission call today! FINALLY!
Opening it tomorrow night. And on my birthday! Then off to the city with my best friend for my birthday.
With all that excitement of mission calls and mission related dreams... it got me to thinking about serving a mission myself. Before after that mission announcement I seriously was considering it, but I knew I only partially felt that way because it was the current "craze" of the moment with the new mission age announcement and all. But ever since I had this dream about being in the mission field, I'm thinking again. I'm not in a serious relationship, I don't have a lot going on in my life right now, nothing that could stop me from going, so why not? Still a lot to really think hard about.

I really like this song. Yes I do!
Spotify is a beautiful thing, bringing me all these songs I've forgotten.


No comments:

Post a Comment