Pages

A new leaf can be hard to turn

This whole blogging promoting and makeover is making me so excited because I can't wait to see where it will all head and where it will take me. I've been looking at different sources as to see exactly how I can start making money off of what I write. This blog that I currently have is great, it's wonderful, and it's full of a ton of stories, lessons learned, and most of all memories that I will never forget.  Then there's the big but-- if I really really want to become serious about this, I need to let this blog go and start a new. I will never delete this blog. I will always go back to it whenever I want to remember certain things and swim in memory lane. I tried to figure out if I can still run a successful blog that people will read even if I decided to do it from this blog here; it's already full of so many things. I've been reading through it for the last few days and reviewing it. The content is great and all and it's all good and whatnot, but it's too personal. It's like an online diary- and that was the original intent of it to begin with in the first place when I decided to make it. I think that perhaps the reason that it's hard of letting go of this blog is because of the high number of viewers and the number of posts that I have collected in these 3 years. Frankly, that's not even a real reason if you think about it. If this gained all of that I'm sure that my other blog will do the same.

So, here's the plan. Once my money from a refund that I'm receiving from Amazon comes in, I'll use that money towards buying my own domain name. I'll have my own website and I'll start from there. That way it will be able to reach a higher audience and eventually it might even help me in getting noticed by others and then hopefully start making money from it. This whole blogging thing has started off just being a hobby, an interest-- but over the years I have discovered the beauty of it. I love rereading my own thoughts and I love the concept that what I write can influence and touch others. Career wise it can turn into something depending on the success of this new project I'm setting out to do, but I also plan of doing something with my degree once I'm finished with school. I still plan on working with children as a main career, but I also want to do this. I don't care if it becomes successful or not as long as I reach as many people as possible. As long as I go to sleep every night knowing that there are people out there that are reading what I have to say and actually care enough to read it in the first place- that really means a lot. I feel pretty strong about this new project that I want to do. I haven't prayed about it yet and I know that eventually I should. What better source of advice than God, right? I know though that despite me not doing that yet, that I need to pursue this. If it wasn't something I wasn't meant to do I wouldn't be this excited about it and so sure of it.

It's not the end though- at least not yet! Until I set everything up I'll keep this blog up, but once I set my new one up and it's all set and ready to go, this blog will be going on private and no longer public. I will never delete this blog, ever. I don't know who even reads this blog, but whoever you are thanks for tuning in to my rantings.

No comments:

Post a Comment