Pages

Insanity

So I decided yesterday that I wanted to start Insanity again. No, not the literal term insanity, but the workout.

"INSANITY Workout is a 60-day cardio-based total-body conditioning program that’s perhaps the most intense workout ever put on DVD. Fitness expert Shaun T drew on his collegiate track and field training plus his subsequent years of experience as an elite trainer to create a program that takes total-body conditioning to an extreme level."

That pretty much sums it all up. I've done Insanity like 2 times before and got SO close to actually finishing it the 2nd time, but I guess I just got too busy and forgot about it. BUT NOT THIS TIME. I am committed like 100%. 


Today, I did day two. 2 workouts down, 58 to go.
This is pretty much my life for the next 58 days left of this program.


I actually deleted the fit test workout because...well...I just did. It wasn't really a workout, it was annoying keeping track of how many jump squats, power jumps, blah blah blah, I can do. So let's just say I'm on day 3 since I've done plyo and cardio resistance.

ANYWAY, for some reason, I was pretty bummed out today. Then my mommy called me as if she knew something was up. She is seriously the best and I can't wait till I see her again.

Seriously, I'm so bipolar about this whole "end of the semester, not seeing my fall/winter friends and boyfriend" situation.
And yes, I do have a boyfriend. Who I know
will be reading this eventually because he's cool like that; reading my blog.

UGH. I'm all sweaty and gross and I need to shower. But my roommate's in the shower. For like the past half an hour. Seriously, who showers that long? I don't even shower that long. 15 minutes max, but half and hour? And I'm leaving in like half an hour on a "date" with my roommate Liz to go see Rise of the Planet of the Apes which I'm pretty pumped about. And we also need to get toilet paper, we're like out of it.

1 comment:

  1. I have just completed week 1 on Insanity and wanted to provide a review from the prospective of the average guy. I am 33 years old and have been an avid weightlifter since high school. While I am muscular, I have little to no cardiovascular fitness and as I have gotten older and focused on a career, I have begun to hold more weight around my stomach. I have finally hit the point where I am tired of seeing the scale and my waist line increase and have committed to the 60 day program along with some lifestyle improvements.

    ReplyDelete