Pages

Tomorrow...I become a hobo

   Today's Thursday and I'm freaking out. I fly out tomorrow to Salt Lake and spend the night at the airport. This is a first for me. Last time I flew with my mom and had a place to stay, but now I am on my own. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty pumped about doing something I've never done before, but I'm worried I'll die of boredom. Will I get robbed? Will something bad happen? But I'm definitely documenting this event--wouldn't miss it for the world, so pictures will be up Saturday morning (morning as in like EARLY morning)
We'll see ;)
   In terms of packing, I'm 98.5% done. I still need to pack my laptop, my chargers, my sneakers, and my crocs. (yes, I wear them...for comfort after a long day) :)
Hopefully this time around, my suitcase doesn't pass the 50 lbs limit. I really can't afford to pay extra, I'm a going-to-be-poor-pretty-soon college student. Turns out I accidentally paid like $1,068 instead of $800 like I planned to. So now I have like $500 to survive this semester. I literally almost cried when I saw how Iwent from having close to $2000 in the bank that I earned all by my self to a measly $500. It was a sad day.
I really hope security doesn't confiscate anything I'm bringing. I safety packed away potential items in my checked luggage. Like toothpaste, which was confiscated at the SLC airport on my flight in December. How in the world can toothpaste be dangerous?
   I'm taking 17 credits this semester, and that includes math too (ew) Ever since I found out about the school awrading money to top GPA students--I have to step up my game and study my butt off this semester so that in the start of fall, I might have the award if I get to a 3.8 or 3.7 GPA and have some of my tuition paid for.

It's really going to be weird being in Rexburg without my favorite gringa, Liz.
But this semester, as I mentioned before, brings a waveful of new people.
So I gotta deal and come out of my comfort zone. \

Spring semester 12'---leeeeeesss go!



2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about packing. I'm worried mine will weigh more than 50 lbs and I'll be forced to pay it! And I'm freaking out over what liquids to pack in my checked luggage. Oh well. Good luck flying!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. well as long as you don't have stuff over 3oz you should be good. Happy flying! :D

    ReplyDelete