Pages

Ow, my calves hurt

I never really realized how far away I really live until my calves started to burn. From my classes, it turns out it's like a 20-25 minute walk. But oh well, I like the walking. Especially if I have great music to listen to on the way. Where I'm living now, it's nice. The only but is what everything will be like when it starts to get snowy and windy and slippery and super cold. We'll see what it's like. If I get fed up with the distance it is from my classes (mostly the clark) then I might move closer, to like the other side of campus again. I visited Snowview yesterday to have lunch with a friend and it's so nice. The location, the look of it. We'll see though.

It's week two and I still don't know how I feel being back. At times I feel lost and homeless despite me having a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, and a great and spectacular roommate. I feel like I'm some kind of vagabond; moving from place to place and never having a set place to be at.   It's also weird getting back into the "school mood" mindset. It's just a matter of time I guess.

My classes are great for the most part, can't complain. Most of them are easy, just busy work for the most part. Like in my child development class we have to do service at the daycare for a total of 4 hours and to top that write a paper of it. Plus a bunch of other things. My science class, wow. I love it for the most part. It might change though when we get to the science parts, but overall I love how it's a focus on health. From that one assignment we did I got to really evaluate myself and accept the fact that despite me working out everyday and eating right, I really need to get my emotional health in check. So this semester, in order to improve that area of my health I am going to be doing something scary, join ward choir.  I love singing, but I'm ify about how others will react to my voice. My family says I have a good voice and my one of my exes too, but that's different compared to a complete bunch of strangers. The perk though is I hear that our ward choir is filled with guys. Gotta suck it up and do what I'm afraid of.  Gotta get up and show everyone what I can do while at the same time doing something that brings me happiness and joy. I got a lipid test to do today. Been fasting for 12 hours and ehh, I can go forever without eating. I'm just kinda paranoid it might come out wrong or whatever.

Time for science I guess.
It's so weird that it's in the music building.

No comments:

Post a Comment