Pages

Hoy estoy mejor-- sin ti

I love those moments where a certain song that I really love comes on and it makes me feel so happy that I sometimes just want to break out in song and sing my heart out. As if that's happening--at least while I still live here. 47 more days of living here then I'm gone. Yes! I thought June would never come. Just this month and about 2 weeks of July and I'll be flying back. I really hope these 7 weeks of summer that I will be having are amazing. I'm planning to spend a lot of time with my madre, go to the pool and get my tan on, go to the aquarium, go out with my extended family more, zumba classes with my aunts, the beach, late nights with my brother spent talking about stupid things and laughing our butts off to stupid jokes, jam sessions with my little sister, dinner with a certain RM that frequently visits my home ward (not like that, my mom's inviting him for dinner one day when he visits. He's currently studying music at Julliard. Which means he sings. And plays guitar. He's like perfect ;) And has an amazing sense of humor. And he was one of 3 of my favorite missionaries of all time.

In terms of the whole news thing I mentioned yesterday, it was not true. My mom had a dream about it and thought it was real, so she told me. And I of course freaked out. A lot. What was this piece of news? Lemme tell you! So, there's this one RM that served in my home ward and he goes to BYUI too. He is among my 3 favorite missionaries. ANYWAY, a while back my brother told me he finished his mission and is back in Idaho.  And then he was like "it would be so cute if you guys met up, dated, and got married." I was like "uhhh..." because for some reason I didn't want to admit to him that I was crazy about this guy. Used to. Because really, these fairy tale type stories where the guy actually feels the same don't happen to me. At least not with the guys that I know I could potentially have a very meaningful relationship with. Then yesterday my mom tells me yesterday that he contacted my brother about me and said he 1.) he wanted to meet up with me or 2.) wanted to marry me. My mom wasn't sure which was which. So I automatically start freaking out and hyperventilating. I ask Adrian if it's true. Turns out that she dreamed the whole thing up and thought it was real. What a bummer.

Oh well, imagining that it could have actually happened was nice while it lasted. Allie is setting me up with a nice Idaho cowboy in the fall anyway so, whatevs.
^ That song. That band in general--- oh my gosh. I seriously love their music. Their lyrics, their voices, EVERYTHING. The way that they look when they sing, the fluidy and smoothness of their voices and the way they synchronize together. The romantics of their lyrics gives me that spur of confidence I need to know that HE is out there...somewhere. I accept it and I'm not gonna deny the idea that I'm in a way obsessed about getting married. Like, I'm so excited for it. When it happens I will feel like I have accomplished what I was supposed to accomplish here on Earth. I don't know how to explain it, but that's how I really feel. Like real true happiness won't happen until I'm married and have my own family. I really am the typical mormon; marriage hungry. But like not freakily obsessed about it. Being freakily obsessed about it would mean I have like a book dedicated to dress patterns or checking out weddings rings everyday. THAT'S freakily obsessed. I'm just REALLY REALLY REALLY looking forward to this. 

One day I'll look back on this blog and all my rants on getting married and meeting my significant other and I'll smile. Because I accomplished the biggest goal in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment