Pages

Everybody wants somebody

My mom's signing the divorce papers tomorrow.

It really is over.

I don't know how to feel about this.
Should I cry, be happy, angry?

All three. 


I remember that one time, when I was dating Frank, he came over and encountered my dad as both of us were walking away, hand in hand. My dad practically chased him away into the woods. It was so embarrassing.

That's something I know I won't miss; I can finally have guys call me without having to worry about him overhearing. And of course, I will definitely not miss his hangovers, his weird drunk personality, or his foul mouth.

But he's still my dad after all and no matter how many times he has hurt me, I still love him.

See, that's the thing.
That's what I need.
A guy that can be there for me like my dad hasn't been for my mom.
You know that quote, "love her mother" or whatever it is? Well, I've never really seen that happening. But I know what it looks like. I've seen it in the way the men in my homeward look at their wives, with that intense love for them, like they're the only ones that can light up their eyes that way.


I want that. So much.


On brighter news, I bought Patrick Stump's Soul Punk album today.
It's amazing. SO amazing.
Everybody wants somebody.
Ha, tell me about it. Can totally relate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment